In case you missed it
We know you’re busy and it can be hard to keep track of what’s new. We’ve put together a list of some past news items and blogs that you may have missed but are still worth a read:
- New T2 Schedule 141 included in May tax software updates. The new Schedule 141 is a response to issues we raised with the CRA in light of recent accounting changes, and our June 8 news item below provides suggestions on completing the new form.
- Reporting Requirements for Trusts. See our May 30 news item below for an update. Also, look out for a blog this Fall where we will summarize the new trust reporting requirements once final draft legislation is released.
- Joint Committee Submission on the Excessive Interest and Financing Expenses Limitation (EIFEL) Proposal and Avoidance of Tax Debts. See the May 31 news item below that highlights the key issues and where to find more information.
- New mandatory tax reporting: Problems and solutions. Our blog contains a rundown of how these new rules may affect you and your clients, and our feedback to the federal government.
- Update on Bill C-208 and filing requirements. Our April 12 news item below contains more information on what needs to be filed for business transfers subject to the new rules.
- CRA responds to the top questions from CPAs across Canada. In December 2021, the CRA responded to a wide variety of questions posed by members across the country. We are just in the process of gathering questions to the CRA from members across the nation, so look out for the 2022 version of this to be published later this year.
- Tips on running a high-quality tax practice. Our blog and recorded presentation provide suggestions on improving your tax practice to reduce risk and improve profitability.
We’ll continue posting important and relevant news updates on this page so be sure to bookmark this page and check back often. Have a great summer!