Survive and thrive: Move ahead financially after losing your job
This free practical guide focuses on your transition to a new job. Whether you’re actively seeking work, changing careers or dealing with a sudden job loss this guide will teach you how to manage the financial and emotional stress. Learn how to search for your next job while utilizing sensible debt management solutions to stay afloat during your career transition and beyond.
- staying grounded while dealing with the emotional and mental stress while job searching
- employment laws, contracts and self-employment
- financing your life through Tax-Free Savings Accounts (TFSAs) and Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSPs)
- unlocking “locked in” pension accounts
- using debt management strategies such as
- leveraging lines of credit
- transferring credit card balances
- signing up for non-profit credit counselling
- submitting a consumer proposal
- filing for bankruptcy
- government resources
- tips for job search and employment options
- samples of resumes, cover letters, and interview questions
- retraining or going back to school
Note: This publication is available in English only.
Proudly sponsored by Canada Life, our National Development Sponsor.