Webinars: Sustainability Reporting and Assurance – What You Need to Know (September 2023)
Note: Both webinars launch in English on September 14, 2023, and in French on September 27, 2023. Please see below for details on start times.
WEBINAR 1: UNDERSTANDING THE SUSTAINABILITY LANDSCAPE
An increasing number of entities reporting within Canada provide information on their sustainability performance. As reporting increases and momentum continues toward a global sustainability reporting system, Canadian entities must be familiar with the changing sustainability reporting landscape. CPAs will need to understand what sustainability reporting is and the reporting requirements, including being capable of identifying sustainability risks and opportunities that are likely to have a financial impact for their organizations and clients.
Join CPA Canada and the International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSB) for a:
- Summary of what sustainability reporting is and why it’s important for all CPAs to build knowledge in this area
- Background on various standards, frameworks and players in the sustainability ecosystem
- Brief update on the developments in Canada and globally related to sustainability reporting, including relevant regulatory updates and an update on the Canadian Sustainability Standards Board (CSSB)
- Overview of the ISSB’s inaugural standards, IFRS S1 and S2, as well as information about the ISSB’s Partnership Framework for Capacity Building
Webinar 1: Understanding the Sustainability Landscape
Free1 CPD hour
WEBINAR 2: ASSURANCE ON SUSTAINABILY REPORTING
With increased sustainability reporting and momentum towards standardization, it is critical for assurance providers to be aware of the impacts to their clients’ business activities and assurance needs. Third-party assurance on information outside the financial statements, including sustainability information, is not something new to the CPA profession. There is, however, an opportunity and a need for the assurance profession to play a bigger role in enhancing trust and confidence in sustainability information and ensuring that it’s as consistent, comparable and trusted as financial information.
Join CPA Canada and the Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (AASB) for a:
- Refresher on the developments in Canada and globally, related to sustainability reporting and assurance, including relevant regulatory and standards updates and trends
- Overview of an auditor’s current responsibilities related to financial statement audits and the assurance options available today
- Introduction to the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board’s newly proposed International Standard on Sustainability Assurance (ISSA) 5000, General Requirements for Sustainability Assurance Engagements. Additionally, we’ll cover the AASB’s project to adopt ISSA 5000 concurrently in Canada as Canadian Standard on Sustainability Assurance (CSSA) 5000.
Webinar 2: Assurance on Sustainability Reporting
Free1.5 CPD hours
You may also be interested in:+
CPD hoursWebinar 1: Understanding the Sustainability Landscape is 1.0 CPD hour.
Webinar 2: Assurance on Sustainability Reporting is 1.5 CPD hours.