Please choose between the following three options for navigation.
Learn how to create effective tabular data sets in Excel so that you can better organize and analyze financial information.
Being effective and efficient in your day-to-day accounting work hinges on your ability to create solid data tables. This course covers the key features of good tabular data sets in Excel and:
Participants in this online course will also receive a free ebook with their registration. Upon completion, you will have a well-developed skill set for creating functional and attractive tables that can be mined for deeper meaning.
Additional options and pricing may be available. See pricing and registration for more details.
Structuring tabular data
• What We Will Cover• The Importance of Tabular Data• Structuring Tabular Data• Cleaning Up Payroll Data - Part 1• Cleaning Up Payroll Data - Part 2• What Have We Done
Working with tabular data
• Mining and Formatting Data - Part 1• Mining and Formatting Data - Part 2• Mining and Formatting Data - Part 3• Mining and Formatting Data - Part 4• Using Data for Different Information - Part 1• Using Data for Different Information - Part 2• Filtering for Specific Information• What Have We Done
Removing duplicates to drill down data
• Extracting Pay Rates• What Have We Done
• Using Named Ranges in Formulas - Part 1• Using Named Ranges in Formulas - Part 2• Using Named Ranges in Formulas - Part 3• Using Named Ranges in Formulas - Part 4• Calculating Inventory Totals• What Have We Done
Lookup functions- VLOOKUP(): Approximate matches
• How Are Excel Tables Different?• Working With Excel Tables• Creating Excel Tables• Resizing and Structured Table Referencing• Table Styles• Populating the Inventory Sheet• Advanced Table Lookups - Part 1• Advanced Table Lookups - Part 2• What Have We Done• Dashboard Overview
• In Review• ConclusionFinal Quiz
Gain the fundamental information and tools needed to master making spreadsheets in Excel.
Learn how to use Excel to create interesting and impactful financial reports.
Improve your ability to create and work with PivotTables so that you can more effectively summarize, analyze and present financial data.
Member Development and Support
October 23, 2019
Stay up to date on critical indirect tax issues and network with other indirect tax professionals at Canada’s largest and longest-running indirect tax event.
October 28, 2019
If you’re a senior financial professional in the public sector or work for a not-for-profit that follows PSAB standards, this annual event in the nation’s capital is the place to be.
November 7, 2019
Join CPA Canada’s Financial Literacy Program in Ottawa, our nation’s capital, as we look at the trends changing the economic landscape and how they will affect how Canadians manage their money.