Please choose between the following three options for navigation.
Enhance your organization’s bottom line and sharpen your skills in performance management.
In order to achieve their goals and sustainable long-term financial success, business leaders need a clear understanding of the environment and a strategic vision for the future.
Many organizations have difficulty aligning their strategic priorities and fail to understand the impact important issues such as customer profitability can have on their business. Those that prioritize performance management (PM) are better equipped to do this.
Using PM tools in strategic decision-making can help business leaders better manage and mitigate risk, ensure effective pricing and make small operational changes that benefit the bottom line.
Develop your understanding of how PM will help to improve your organization’s profitability with the Certificate in Driving Organizational Profit and Performance.
This program is geared towards mid-level professionals and senior business and accounting leaders with more than five years of experience. The roles and industries listed below would find this program the most beneficial; however, the concepts can be applied across a variety of industries and positions.
Through a mix of self-directed and facilitated learning, this certificate integrates theoretical knowledge with case study analysis on a variety of topics.
Online self-paced modules focus on applied insights to help effectively manage cost, profitability and pricing for superior business performance. The in-depth capstone session, facilitated by PM experts, provides an opportunity for deeper discussions about key tools and concepts.
The capstone session is also a chance to strengthen the skills you’ve acquired in the program.
For program requirements and other information, see the frequently asked questions section below.
View the brochure
We offer tailored experiences and group discounts to fit the unique needs of your team and organization. Immediately apply program learnings towards real-time business objectives. Contact Jeanette Hill, principal, Performance Management, CPA Canada.
Additional options and pricing may be available. See pricing and registration for more details.
Understanding your business
• situation assessment• understanding your market• clarifying corporate objectives• strategy mappingInteractive case study 1: Understanding your business
Understand how to make your organization profitable part 1: Pricing and profitability
• mastering the contribution margin approach• understanding factors related to pricing• using pricing as a competitive tool• understanding customer profitabilityInteractive case study 2: Pricing and customer profitability
Understand how to make your organization profitable part 2: Analyzing for performance
• managing fixed cost performance• activity-based cost management• other cost improvement and productivity techniques• other performance improvement techniquesInteractive case study 3: Profitability through performance improvement
Tools for driving optimal performance
• using validation testing as a strategic decision-making tool• using forecasting as a strategic performance tool• capitalizing on innovation for enhanced performance• putting all the pieces together for optimal performanceInteractive case study 4: Validation testing & innovation
Using scorecard for maximum performance
• adopting the balanced scorecard as a performance management tool• cascading the balanced scorecard for performance at all levels• integrating the new performance management system throughout the company• conducting the scoring process with the balanced scorecardInteractive case study 5: The creation and scoring of a balanced scorecard
Analyzing results and adjusting for enhanced performance
• understanding how to scan the dashboard for priority areas requiring further examination• delving deeper into results• effecting strategic adjustments• effecting operational adjustmentsInteractive case study 6: Analyzing results and making strategic and operational adjustments
Capstone: Driving organization profits and performance
• review each module, and how the various concepts work together• understand the importance of setting a good course of action• develop in-depth knowledge of performance measurement tools• apply program content in a business setting via group work and Interactive Case Study exerciseGroup work, participant presentations and individual exercise to determine immediate and long term application of program learning
Member Development and Support
May 28, 2018
The rapidly evolving pace of technology is changing how we do business. Come together with technology investment decision-makers to develop strategic solutions and explore what the future holds.
March 8, 2018
From virtual classrooms and online courses to engaging in-person learning opportunities, these featured programs are here to help you meet your 2018 CPD requirements.
Understand fraud and how to protect yourself from becoming a victim.