In-depth GST/HST program – Part I
Build a strong foundation of knowledge to help deliver real value-added benefits when advising about GST/HST. This program will also help you refine your knowledge of indirect tax and take your skillset to the next level with a combination of e-learning self-study options, lectures and expert-facilitated small group live tutorials that are hosted virtually.
You will learn about:
The In-Depth GST/HST Program – Part 1 topics include:
- an overview of GST/HST
- research techniques and resources
- administration tools for GST/HST
- registration requirements
- imposition of tax
- input tax credits (ITCs) and rebates
- net tax calculation and timing rules
- special rules
Important information about this course:
The In-Depth GST/HST Program has been adapted to a digital offering and is divided in two parts. The Part 1 topics are listed above and include a combination of self-study and virtual classroom interactive tutorials.
There will be approximately 14 hours of asynchronous content, including pre-recorded lectures and self-study assessments.
Virtual classrooms – Tutorial Series:
There will also be eight interactive tutorials held weekly on the Zoom video conferencing platform in a virtual classroom with a facilitator. Participants are required to attend these tutorials at a scheduled time, each being approximately two hours in length. The tutorials will be held over eight weeks from September 25, 2023, to November 24, 2023, on Tuesday or Wednesday evenings. After you register, you will be asked to provide your preferred tutorial day.
Who should attend?
- professional accountants who advise clients on GST/HST matters
- controllers, treasurers, finance executives and their teams who are responsible for GST/HST within any size organization
- lawyers who counsel clients on GST/HST
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), Department of Finance and provincial officials who focus on sales and other indirect taxes
Tax Education Inquiries
Email: [email protected]