Please choose between the following three options for navigation.
This certificate focuses on robotic process automation benefits and how the use of software robots can enable your business or clients to become more competitive and agile.
Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA Canada) makes available this leading post-CPA certificate in association with the American Institute of Public Accountants (AICPA).
This year, 40 per cent of manual accounting tasks are predicted to be automated, which can ensure a competitive advantage. With advanced preparation and strategy, rollout can be timely and result in significant hours saved.
This certificate will focus on robotic process automation benefits and how the use of software robots can enable your business or clients to become more competitive and agile. You will gain an understanding of the risks, opportunities, and organizational impact of automation while learning the decision criteria and key considerations needed to build a business case and run a successful proof-of-concept. You will also understand the steps and governance needed to implement successfully.
The certificate program is comprised of six online modules, each followed by an online quiz to obtain the certificate.
Additional options and pricing may be available. See pricing and registration for more details.
Understanding Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
• What is a robotic process• RPA history and drivers• The RPA market – size, growth forecasts, landscape• How RPA fits in with other digital initiatives – ML, big data, AI, and so on• Business value of RPA• Effect of automation on people• How to get started
Building a Robotics Process Automation (RPA) Business Case
• Building a business case• Assess requirements• Proof of value• Building a plan• Test and validate
Governance, Risks and Controls for Robotics Process Automation (RPA)
• Roles in RPA implementation• Testing• Governance and risks• Compliance with regulations• Human-based vs. bot decisions• Internal vs. external processes• Data security and controls
Implementing Robotics Process Automation (RPA) Applications
• Steps in building a bot• Considerations in deploying RPA• Proof of concept technology elements
Organizational Process Implications of Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
• Application differences between human and digital labor• Opportunities for automation, including paper process elimination, process prioritization, and examples of business process automation
Automation Beyond Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
• RPA versus intelligent process automation (IPA)• Impact of IPA on an audit• Future trends in audit automation
Member Development and Support
It’s said that a crisis brings out the best in people and, in most cases, that’s true. But there is a dark side to tough times, as fraudsters prey on people who are uncertain and looking for easy answers.
March 18, 2020
The federal government’s actions and fiscal support to address the widespread and devastating economic fallout of the COVID-19 pandemic are welcomed by Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA Canada).
Listen to this special edition Practitioner’s Pulse webinar where we answer some frequently asked questions around practice management issues and some key financial reporting and auditing implications of COVID-19.