Please choose between the following three options for navigation.
Get a deeper, hands-on understanding of performance management and strategy in this capstone session by working through an interactive Harvard Business School simulation.
Building on the material covered in Part I, this facilitator-led capstone session will help you learn how to translate strategy into action and achieve your organization’s performance goals.
Review and gain hands-on experience from concepts covered in Part 1 while being introduced to new and cutting-edge tools.
Get hands-on experience by working through several interactive examples, cases and discussions in class over two half-day online sessions. This includes a Harvard Business School simulation that explores the benefits and challenges of implementing balanced scorecards in a real-world context. Learn the deep connection between effective strategy and execution through several rounds of simulated decision making, resulting in business outcomes.
Improve your products and services through examining strategic pricing, competitive positioning using value curves, target customers and customer profitability.
Get introduced to new and exciting concepts such as design thinking and value curves to utilize in your business.
You will also have an opportunity to network with peers and learn from others in various industries and roles attending the capstone.
This capstone is split into two half-day online sessions
Note: Part I is a prerequisite to Part II. To earn the Performance Management and Strategy Certificate, the final capstone session is mandatory.
If purchasing this online program as part of the Performance Management and Strategy Certificate, we can customize it to fit the unique needs of your team and organization. Contact us to learn more.
Get free access to complementary resources
Until March 31, 2020, receive free and immediate access to invaluable resources that will complement your Performance Management and Strategy Certificate. These relevant resources include:
Management Accounting Guidelines (MAGs)
Additional options and pricing may be available. See pricing and registration for more details.
Module 1: Understand your strategy and competitive position
• Understand the importance of a clear strategy and customer value proposition.• Using the three tests and the 5 P’s of business strategy, assess the quality and fit of your organization’s strategy.
Module 2: Improving Your Organization’s Product
• Using a value curve, analyze your competitive positioning• Understand the impact of an effective pricing strategy• Using a value curve, understand fit between strategic positioning and pricing• Using an 8 step process, understand how to maximize revenue through pricing.
Module 3: Process and People improvement tools
• Understand some key tools to improve performance including: o Activity based cost management o Process management
Module 4: Translating the 5Ps of strategy into objectives and a strategy map
• Translate the 5 P’s of business strategy into a strategy map and objectives• Introduction to the HBS simulation for completion between session 1 and 2
Module 5: Building and Using a BSC
• Using a 5 steps process, understand the key elements to build a successful balanced scorecard.• Using a balanced scorecard, analyze organizational results based on BSC scores.
Module 6: Using the BSC to improve performance
• Using BSC scores, diagnose strategic vs operational issues• Improving Customer value proposition (CVP) using Blue Ocean Strategy and the Consumption Chain• Improving Process and People using Root Cause Analysis• Understand how the concept of Design Thinking improves CVPs and processes• Debrief the Harvard BSC Sim and have a shot to improve your score live in-class.
CPA Canada Customer Service Support
Tel: 416-977-0748 or Toll Free 1-800-268-3793
It’s said that a crisis brings out the best in people and, in most cases, that’s true. But there is a dark side to tough times, as fraudsters prey on people who are uncertain and looking for easy answers.
March 18, 2020
The federal government’s actions and fiscal support to address the widespread and devastating economic fallout of the COVID-19 pandemic are welcomed by Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA Canada).
Listen to this special edition Practitioner’s Pulse webinar where we answer some frequently asked questions around practice management issues and some key financial reporting and auditing implications of COVID-19.