Please choose between the following three options for navigation.
Get a deeper, hands-on understanding of performance management and strategy in this capstone session by working through an interactive Harvard Business School simulation.
Building on the material covered in Part I, this facilitator-led capstone session will help you learn how to translate strategy into action and achieve your organization’s performance goals.
Get hands-on experience by working through a Harvard Business School simulation that explores the benefits and challenges of implementing balanced scorecards in a real-world context.
You will also have the opportunity to network with peers and try out different approaches to problem solving, such as design thinking and using a strategy canvas.
Note: Part I is a prerequisite to Part II. To earn the Performance Management and Strategy Certificate, the final capstone session is mandatory.
If purchasing this online program as part of the Performance Management and Strategy Certificate, we can customize it to fit the unique needs of your team and organization. Contact us to learn more.
Additional options and pricing may be available. See pricing and registration for more details.
Registration for the June 12th and 19th sessions closes June 5 due to pre-work set-up requirements.
Module 1: Understand your strategy and competitive position
• Understand the importance of a clear strategy and customer value proposition.• Using the three tests and the 5 P’s of business strategy, assess the quality and fit of your organization’s strategy.
Module 2: Improving Your Organization’s Product
• Using a value curve, analyze your competitive positioning• Understand the impact of an effective pricing strategy• Using a value curve, understand fit between strategic positioning and pricing• Using an 8 step process, understand how to maximize revenue through pricing.
Module 3: Process and People improvement tools
• Understand some key tools to improve performance including: o Activity based cost management o Process management
Module 4: Translating the 5Ps of strategy into objectives and a strategy map
• Translate the 5 P’s of business strategy into a strategy map and objectives• Introduction to the HBS simulation for completion between session 1 and 2
Module 5: Building and Using a BSC
• Using a 5 steps process, understand the key elements to build a successful balanced scorecard.• Using a balanced scorecard, analyze organizational results based on BSC scores.
Module 6: Using the BSC to improve performance
• Using BSC scores, diagnose strategic vs operational issues• Improving Customer value proposition (CVP) using Blue Ocean Strategy and the Consumption Chain• Improving Process and People using Root Cause Analysis• Understand how the concept of Design Thinking improves CVPs and processes• Debrief the Harvard BSC Sim and have a shot to improve your score live in-class.
CPA Canada Customer Service Support
Tel: 416-977-0748 or Toll Free 1-800-268-3793
This event has multiple dates and locations. See event details for more information.
Join this hackathon and challenge yourself to harness data and technology to disrupt traditional financial analysis. Gather with diverse and innovative professionals and students. Work in teams and win cash for creative ideas.
September 23, 2019
Canada’s dynamic, must-attend CPA event of the year is heading to Montréal with the theme of innovation for sustainability.
September 10, 2019
Learn about global digital reporting developments and how investors, lenders, and regulators are leveraging technology and interactive data to access and analyze financial information for investment decision-making.