Please choose between the following three options for navigation.
Learn the most valuable text and information functions in Excel so you can create more complete financial models.
Harness the power tools of Excel with Text and information functions: It’s not all about the numbers. A comprehensive tool for creating full financial models and supporting sound decision making, Excel is essential for top performance in your accounting practice. This online course explains the five most useful text functions within Excel, as well as many other complementary functions.
Additional options and pricing may be available. See pricing and registration for more details.
• What We Will Cover• Information Functions• The INFO() Function• What Have We Done
• 5 Very Useful Text Functions - Part 1• 5 Very Useful Text Functions - Part 2• What Have We Done
Finding specific characters
• Finding Specific Characters• Creating Mail Merge Data• Extracting Name and Address• Extracting Mid-Field Text - Part 1• Extracting Mid-Field Text - Part 2• What Have We Done
Manipulating text with functions
• Manipulating Text With Functions• Using the SUBSTITUTE() Function• Using the REPLACE() Function• What Have We Done
• Creating Customer Upload Fields• Creating Customer Numbers Using Functions• Using the CODE() and CHAR() Functions• Sneaky Use of the CHAR() Function
• Creating Hyperlinks• Creating a Navigation Bar - Part 1• Creating a Navigation Bar - Part 2• What Have We Done
• Cleaning Data• Looking Up Customer Balances• Using the TRIM() Function• Using the CLEAN() Function• What Have We Done
Guarding against errors
• Guarding Against Errors• Error Types• #DIV/0! Errors• Dealing With Errors• What Have We Done
• In Review • Conclusion • Final Quiz
Gain the fundamental information and tools needed to master making spreadsheets in Excel.
Learn how to create effective tabular data sets in Excel so that you can better organize and analyze financial information.
Discover how to make professional and visually appealing data visualizations in Excel that effectively tell a story and capture your readers’ attention.
Member Development and Support
October 23, 2019
Stay up to date on critical indirect tax issues and network with other indirect tax professionals at Canada’s largest and longest-running indirect tax event.
October 28, 2019
If you’re a senior financial professional in the public sector or work for a not-for-profit that follows PSAB standards, this annual event in the nation’s capital is the place to be.
November 7, 2019
Join CPA Canada’s Financial Literacy Program in Ottawa, our nation’s capital, as we look at the trends changing the economic landscape and how they will affect how Canadians manage their money.