Please choose between the following three options for navigation.
Learn the most valuable text and information functions in Excel so you can create more complete financial models.
Harness the power tools of Excel with Text and information functions: It’s not all about the numbers. A comprehensive tool for creating full financial models and supporting sound decision making, Excel is essential for top performance in your accounting practice. This online course explains the five most useful text functions within Excel, as well as many other complementary functions.
Additional options and pricing may be available. See pricing and registration for more details.
• What We Will Cover• Information Functions• The INFO() Function• What Have We Done
• 5 Very Useful Text Functions - Part 1• 5 Very Useful Text Functions - Part 2• What Have We Done
Finding specific characters
• Finding Specific Characters• Creating Mail Merge Data• Extracting Name and Address• Extracting Mid-Field Text - Part 1• Extracting Mid-Field Text - Part 2• What Have We Done
Manipulating text with functions
• Manipulating Text With Functions• Using the SUBSTITUTE() Function• Using the REPLACE() Function• What Have We Done
• Creating Customer Upload Fields• Creating Customer Numbers Using Functions• Using the CODE() and CHAR() Functions• Sneaky Use of the CHAR() Function
• Creating Hyperlinks• Creating a Navigation Bar - Part 1• Creating a Navigation Bar - Part 2• What Have We Done
• Cleaning Data• Looking Up Customer Balances• Using the TRIM() Function• Using the CLEAN() Function• What Have We Done
Guarding against errors
• Guarding Against Errors• Error Types• #DIV/0! Errors• Dealing With Errors• What Have We Done
• In Review • Conclusion • Final Quiz
Gain the fundamental information and tools needed to master making spreadsheets in Excel.
Learn how to create effective tabular data sets in Excel so that you can better organize and analyze financial information.
Discover how to make professional and visually appealing data visualizations in Excel that effectively tell a story and capture your readers’ attention.
Member Development and Support
May 22, 2019
Explore important emerging technologies in accounting, business and finance at this must-attend conference for senior leaders. Connect with peers, experts and pioneers on best-fit technology solutions for your clients or organization.
This event has multiple dates and locations. See event details for more information.
Are you a preparer, director, practitioner, investor or contributor who reports, oversees, assesses or uses performance measures? Learn how you can help improve the quality of performance measures by leveraging this framework.
April 25, 2019
This webinar, part of CPA Canada's IFRS webinar series, provides you with the latest updates on issues of relevance to Canadian public companies, including key changes to IFRS and Canadian securities legislation.