Please choose between the following three options for navigation.
Learn the most valuable text and information functions in Excel so you can create more complete financial models.
Harness the power tools of Excel with Text and information functions: It’s not all about the numbers. A comprehensive tool for creating full financial models and supporting sound decision making, Excel is essential for top performance in your accounting practice. This online course explains the five most useful text functions within Excel, as well as many other complementary functions.
Additional options and pricing may be available. See pricing and registration for more details.
• What We Will Cover• Information Functions• The INFO() Function• What Have We Done
• 5 Very Useful Text Functions - Part 1• 5 Very Useful Text Functions - Part 2• What Have We Done
Finding specific characters
• Finding Specific Characters• Creating Mail Merge Data• Extracting Name and Address• Extracting Mid-Field Text - Part 1• Extracting Mid-Field Text - Part 2• What Have We Done
Manipulating text with functions
• Manipulating Text With Functions• Using the SUBSTITUTE() Function• Using the REPLACE() Function• What Have We Done
• Creating Customer Upload Fields• Creating Customer Numbers Using Functions• Using the CODE() and CHAR() Functions• Sneaky Use of the CHAR() Function
• Creating Hyperlinks• Creating a Navigation Bar - Part 1• Creating a Navigation Bar - Part 2• What Have We Done
• Cleaning Data• Looking Up Customer Balances• Using the TRIM() Function• Using the CLEAN() Function• What Have We Done
Guarding against errors
• Guarding Against Errors• Error Types• #DIV/0! Errors• Dealing With Errors• What Have We Done
• In Review • Conclusion • Final Quiz
Gain the fundamental information and tools needed to master making spreadsheets in Excel.
Learn how to create effective tabular data sets in Excel so that you can better organize and analyze financial information.
Discover how to make professional and visually appealing data visualizations in Excel that effectively tell a story and capture your readers’ attention.
Member Development and Support
January 10, 2020
Attend this year's American Accounting Association (AAA)'s 2020 Management Accounting Section Midyear Meeting. This two-day event includes a research conference, IMA doctoral colloquium and more.
February 10, 2020
Financial sustainability and digital disruption are influencing the future of NFPs. Be equipped to lead through complex change by attending Canada’s premiere event for not-for-profit leaders.
May 25, 2020
Explore new technologies that are revolutionizing accounting and finance. Find out how you can take advantage of best-fit digital solutions and emerging business trends to work smarter, ignite growth and keep innovating.