Please choose between the following three options for navigation.
Learn how to use key functions in Excel that will help you effectively evaluate financial data and make better business decisions.
Your ability as an accountant to add value to your organization depends on how well you can make sound business decisions. Strengthening that skill is the focus of this online course, which explores the mathematical, statistical and financial functions within Excel that apply to accounting and financial management.
You will learn how to calculate basic statistics and how to forecast and generate a net present value schedule. In addition to better understanding the key functions of Excel that every accountant should know, you will also gain access to extensive course resources and an ebook.
Additional options and pricing may be available. See pricing and registration for more details.
Basic math and formulas
• What We Will Cover• Basic Math & Formula Evaluation - Part 1• Basic Math & Formula Evaluation - Part 2• What Have We Done
Statistics and aggregation formulas
• Aggregating Numbers• Basic Statistics• Using Math Functions• Aggregation with SUBTOTAL()• Calculating Basic Statistics - Part 1• Calculating Basic Statistics - Part 2• Calculating Most Recent Quarterly Averages• What Have We Done
• Basic Rounding Functions• Rounding to Significance - Part 1• Rounding to Significance - Part 2• Rounding to Even, Odd and Integer Numbers• What Have We Done
Other interesting functions
• PI(), ABS(), and MOD() Functions• RAND() and RANDBETWEEN() Functions• What Have We Done
Forecasting in Excel
• Forecasting Water Consumption• Using the FORECAST() Function• Using Statistics to Evaluate Forecasting Options• What Have We Done
• Capital Budgeting in Excel• Building a Net Present Value Table• Using the PV() and NPV() Formulas - Part 1• Using the PV() and NPV() Formulas - Part 2• What Have We Done
Evaluating a capital purchase
• Calculating Cash Flows• Adding Context and Scenario Planning• What Have We Done
• In Review• Conclusion• Final Quiz
Gain the fundamental information and tools needed to master making spreadsheets in Excel.
Learn the purpose of logic and reference functions, and how to use them. Take a deep dive into lookup functions, including VLOOKUP(), and become a master of Excel functions.
Improve your ability to create and work with PivotTables so that you can more effectively summarize, analyze and present financial data.
Member Development and Support
View our complete coverage of the 2019 federal budget. We have tax highlights, an insightful federal budget analysis as well as video interviews with our experts.
Leading businesses are developing strategies to address the impacts of climate change on their operational and financial performance. Are you ready to respond? Attend these training programs to build professional capacity in your organization to adapt to climate change impacts.
May 22, 2019
Explore important emerging technologies in accounting, business and finance at this must-attend conference for senior leaders. Connect with peers, experts and pioneers on best-fit technology solutions for your clients or organization.