Please choose between the following three options for navigation.
Enhance your accounting practice by learning the strategies and tools within Excel for creating more functional and reliable spreadsheet templates.
How comfortable are you with your ability to create spreadsheet models that optimally serve the needs of your organization or clients? You can enhance this fundamental accounting skill with Designing Stable Spreadsheet Models in Excel.
This two-hour online course explains how to enforce data integrity and reduce user errors in order to protect your templates. You will gain a better understanding of the approaches and concepts required to help you create and customize your own spreadsheet models. You will also have access to extensive course resources and ebooks, which will be yours to keep after the course ends.
Additional options and pricing may be available. See pricing and registration for more details.
• Welcome• What is a Spreadsheet “Model”?• Planning Models: Essential Groundwork• Modeling Best Practices• Dynamic Modeling TechniquesPlanning Models: Essential GroundworkModeling Best PracticesDynamic Modeling Techniques
Exercise: Working through the DDM cash exercise
• Examining the “Vlookup” Function• Using “Vlookup” in Dynamic Modeling• Using the “IF” Function and Comments in Dynamic Modeling
Exercise: Working through the DDM cash exercise (Continued)
• Using Conditional Formatting• Putting the Model to Work with Cash Flows• Using Outlining to Compress Model Sections
Review: The completed DDM cash exercise
• Reviewing the Completed Model• Separating Data from Logic
• Introduction to Styles• Creating Custom styles
Drink Pricing Worksheet
Example: Capital budgeting
• Using Models for Capital Budgeting• Using Models for Sensitivity Analysis
• In Review • Final Quiz
Gain the fundamental information and tools needed to master making spreadsheets in Excel.
Discover the main techniques and best practices for creating dynamic spreadsheet models that better serve your organization or clients.
Improve your ability to create and work with PivotTables so that you can more effectively summarize, analyze and present financial data.
CPA Canada Professional Learning and Development Customer Service
Take advantage of the valuable professional publications available through CPAstore to enhance your professional competencies in tax, accounting, assurance, business, finance, practice management and other business areas.
December 6, 2016
Update your knowledge and strengthen your network at this must-attend conference covering the most important issues and trends affecting audit committee members.
November 1, 2016
It’s probable that someone you know is deep in debt. If you are observant, you might see one of these seven signs.