Please choose between the following three options for navigation.
Discover the main techniques and best practices for creating dynamic spreadsheet models that better serve your organization or clients.
Do you have a solid grasp on how to create a dynamic financial spreadsheet model? You can strengthen this essential accounting skill with Designing Dynamic Financial Spreadsheet Models in Excel.
This two-hour online course covers the range of Excel tools that drive dynamic content for spreadsheet models, including for tasks such as:
The techniques and best practices offered in this practical, engaging course will help you more easily and confidently create spreadsheet models that are tailored to your specific business requirements. You will have access to extensive course resources and ebooks, which will be yours to keep after the course ends.
Additional options and pricing may be available. See pricing and registration for more details.
• Welcome• What is a Spreadsheet “Model”?• Planning Models: Essential Groundwork• Modeling Best Practices• Dynamic Modeling Techniques
Exercise: Working through the DDM cash exercise
• Examining the “Vlookup” Function• Using “Vlookup” in Dynamic Modeling• Using the “IF” Function and Comments in Dynamic Modeling
Review: The completed DDM cash exercise
• Reviewing the Completed Model• Separating Data from Logic
Exercise: Working through the DDM cash exercise (Continued)
• Using Conditional Formatting• Putting the Model to Work with Cash FlowsUsing Outlining to Compress Model Sections
Drink Pricing Worksheet
Example: Capital budgeting
• Using Models for Capital Budgeting• Using Models for Sensitivity Analysis
• Introduction to Styles• Creating Custom styles
• In Review• Final Quiz
Gain the fundamental information and tools needed to master making spreadsheets in Excel.
Enhance your accounting practice by learning the strategies and tools within Excel for creating more functional and reliable spreadsheet templates.
Improve your ability to create and work with PivotTables so that you can more effectively summarize, analyze and present financial data.
CPA Canada Professional Learning and Development Customer Service
Join our financial literacy volunteer program for CPA members.
Entering CPA Canada’s Awards of Excellence in Corporate Reporting is simple. Submit your 2016 corporate reporting materials online.
September 18, 2017
Jointly presented by CPA Canada and CPA Ontario, The ONE is the must-attend, multi-track event of the year, designed for all CPAs who want to be at the top of their game.