Please choose between the following three options for navigation.
• The consequences of no business succession plan• Crystallization of the capital gains deduction • Crystallization, paid-up capital, and deemed dividend• Redemption of crystallized shares• Basic planning — Insurance• Modification for the lifetime capital gains deduction• The subsection 40(3.6) estate exception• 1998 Amendments
• Estate freeze• Considering an estate freeze• How to choose suitable provisions for the preferred shares issued on the freeze
• Income splitting: A non-business succession reason for freezing• The attribution rules
• What is a trust? • Discretionary trusts for holding shares• Taxation of trusts• Taxation of beneficiaries• The reversionary trust attribution rule• Establishing the structure• Miscellaneous advantages• Miscellaneous problems
• Reversing estate freezes• Miscellaneous matters
Join our financial literacy volunteer program for CPA members.
February 26, 2018
Embrace change and make an impact on your not-for-profit (NFP) with insights from industry experts and leaders.
November 22, 2017
From podcasts to virtual classrooms and online courses, there are multiple ways to meet your 2017 CPD requirements online and on the go.