Please choose between the following three options for navigation.
Enhance your organization’s bottom line and sharpen your skills in performance management.
As a business leader, you need a clear understanding of your environment and a strategic vision for the future. This is essential for organizational agility.
Many organizations have difficulty aligning their strategic priorities and fail to understand the impact customer profitability and other important areas can have on their business. However, those that prioritize performance management (PM) are better equipped to achieve their goals and more sustainable long-term financial success.
Using a PM approach to strategic decision-making can help you:
The Certificate in Driving Organizational Profit and Performance can help you develop the knowledge you need to:
Through a mix of online and in-person learning, this certificate integrates theoretical knowledge with case study analysis on a variety of topics.
Online learning modules focus on applied insights to help effectively manage cost, profitability and pricing for superior business performance, while the in-depth capstone session, facilitated by PM experts, provides an opportunity for deeper discussions about key tools and concepts.
The capstone session is also a chance to strengthen your skills in presenting to senior management or boards.
Note: Capstone sessions will take place in Calgary, Toronto and Vancouver. A virtual offering is also available. A full schedule of capstone session dates and locations is available via the Pricing and Registration link on this page.
View the brochure
Additional options and pricing may be available. See pricing and registration for more details.
Understanding your business
• situation assessment• understanding your market• clarifying corporate objectives• strategy mappingInteractive case study 1: Understanding your business
Understand how to make your organization profitable part 1: Pricing and profitability
• mastering the contribution margin approach• understanding factors related to pricing• using pricing as a competitive tool• understanding customer profitabilityInteractive case study 2: Pricing and customer profitability
Understand how to make your organization profitable part 2: Analyzing for performance
• managing fixed cost performance• activity-based cost management• other cost improvement and productivity techniques• other performance improvement techniquesInteractive case study 3: Profitability through performance improvement
Tools for driving optimal performance
• using validation testing as a strategic decision-making tool• using forecasting as a strategic performance tool• capitalizing on innovation for enhanced performance• putting all the pieces together for optimal performanceInteractive case study 4: Validation testing & innovation
Using scorecard for maximum performance
• adopting the balanced scorecard as a performance management tool• cascading the balanced scorecard for performance at all levels• integrating the new performance management system throughout the company• conducting the scoring process with the balanced scorecardInteractive case study 5: The creation and scoring of a balanced scorecard
Analyzing results and adjusting for enhanced performance
• understanding how to scan the dashboard for priority areas requiring further examination• delving deeper into results• effecting strategic adjustments• effecting operational adjustmentsInteractive case study 6: Analyzing results and making strategic and operational adjustments
Capstone: Driving organization profits and performance
• review each module, and how the various concepts work together• understand the importance of setting a good course of action• develop in-depth knowledge of performance measurement tools• apply program content in a business setting via group work and Interactive Case Study exerciseGroup work, participant presentations and individual exercise to determine immediate and long term application of program learning
CPA Canada Professional Learning and Development Customer Service
September 18, 2017
Jointly presented by CPA Canada and CPA Ontario, The ONE is the must-attend, multi-track event of the year, designed for all CPAs who want to be at the top of their game.
Our Firm Directory allows you to search for Canadian CPA firms using our interactive map as well as other criteria.
April 10, 2017
You’re in the eye of the storm amid a swirl of slips, forms and receipts. Chart your way through tax-time turbulence with these updates and resources.