Please choose between the following three options for navigation.
Enhance your organization’s bottom line and sharpen your skills in performance management.
Performance management (PM) improves strategic decision-making and helps executives manage and mitigate risk. Organizations that prioritize PM are better equipped to achieve their goals and have more sustainable long-term financial success. It’s also an important growth area for CPAs.
Develop the knowledge you need to make smart decisions, set clear performance targets and monitor performance with the Certificate in Driving Organizational Profit and Performance.
This certificate offers a mix of online and in-person education offerings that integrate real-life case study analysis. Online learning modules focus on applied insights to help effectively manage cost, profitability and pricing for superior business performance.
The in-depth capstone session features active, hands-on learning led by facilitators in a workshop environment. During the capstone, you will also have the opportunity to strengthen your skills in teamwork, problem-solving and presenting to senior management or boards.
Capstone locations include Calgary, Toronto (multiple dates) and Vancouver. A virtual offering is also available.
Additional options and pricing may be available. See pricing and registration for more details.
This page will be updated when more information is available.
View the brochure
Understanding your business
• situation assessment• understanding your market• clarifying corporate objectives• strategy mappingInteractive case study 1: Understanding your business
Understand how to make your organization profitable part 1: Pricing and profitability
• mastering the contribution margin approach• understanding factors related to pricing• using pricing as a competitive tool• understanding customer profitabilityInteractive case study 2: Pricing and customer profitability
Understand how to make your organization profitable part 2: Analyzing for performance
• managing fixed cost performance• activity-based cost management• other cost improvement and productivity techniques• other performance improvement techniquesInteractive case study 3: Profitability through performance improvement
Tools for driving optimal performance
• using validation testing as a strategic decision-making tool• using forecasting as a strategic performance tool• capitalizing on innovation for enhanced performance• putting all the pieces together for optimal performanceInteractive case study 4: Validation testing & innovation
Using scorecard for maximum performance
• adopting the balanced scorecard as a performance management tool• cascading the balanced scorecard for performance at all levels• integrating the new performance management system throughout the company• conducting the scoring process with the balanced scorecardInteractive case study 5: The creation and scoring of a balanced scorecard
Analyzing results and adjusting for enhanced performance
• understanding how to scan the dashboard for priority areas requiring further examination• delving deeper into results• effecting strategic adjustments• effecting operational adjustmentsInteractive case study 6: Analyzing results and making strategic and operational adjustments
Capstone: Driving organization profits and performance
• review each module, and how the various concepts work together• understand the importance of setting a good course of action• develop in-depth knowledge of performance measurement tools• apply program content in a business setting via group work and Interactive Case Study exerciseGroup work, participant presentations and individual exercise to determine immediate and long term application of program learning
CPA Canada Professional Learning and Development Customer Service
March 1, 2017
Gain practical organizational insights and learn from industry experts at this annual event for not-for-profit financial leaders.
February 13, 2017
Don’t miss a step. Follow CPA Canada for live video updates from #Budget2017.
Join our financial literacy volunteer program for CPA members.