Please choose between the following three options for navigation.
Learn the basics of foreign exchange risk management.
Do you know when to use forwards, futures or swaps? Many of the tools for managing foreign exchange risk are well established, but managing them well requires technical expertise and practical knowledge.
Our online-course provides you with an accessible overview of the concepts of foreign exchange risk management in five modules you can work through at your own pace
Additional options and pricing may be available. See pricing and registration for more details.
Module 1: Foreign exchange market and risks
• introduction• foreign exchange market • sources of risk • other related risks
Module 2: Forwards, futures, and swaps
• introduction• forwards • futures • swaps
Module 3: Foreign exchange options
• introduction• option basics • fundamental strategies • exotic options
Module 4: Managing exposure
• introduction• financial activities• shifting risk • sharing risk• competitive issues• managing credit exposures• managing operational risk• managing other exposures
Module 5: Management issues
• introduction• hedging strategy • dealer relationships• forecasting exchange rates• monitoring and risk oversight
This course offers an introduction to the fundamental concepts of financial risk, its sources and various strategies for effective financial risk management.
Member Development and Support
Canada’s accounting and auditing standards boards have a lot going on. Make sure you stay up to date on changes and get involved in standards development through the boards’ webinars and events.
December 9, 2019
We’re living in an age of digital transformation – and companies need skilled leaders on boards and committees who are up to the challenge. Harness the opportunities that change can bring at this must-attend annual event.
February 10, 2020
Financial sustainability and digital disruption are influencing the future of NFPs. Be equipped to lead through complex change by attending Canada’s premiere event for not-for-profit leaders.