Please choose between the following three options for navigation.
Learn the basics of foreign exchange risk management.
Do you know when to use forwards, futures or swaps? Many of the tools for managing foreign exchange risk are well established, but managing them well requires technical expertise and practical knowledge.
Our online-course provides you with an accessible overview of the concepts of foreign exchange risk management in five modules you can work through at your own pace
Additional options and pricing may be available. See pricing and registration for more details.
Module 1: Foreign exchange market and risks
• introduction• foreign exchange market • sources of risk • other related risks
Module 2: Forwards, futures, and swaps
• introduction• forwards • futures • swaps
Module 3: Foreign exchange options
• introduction• option basics • fundamental strategies • exotic options
Module 4: Managing exposure
• introduction• financial activities• shifting risk • sharing risk• competitive issues• managing credit exposures• managing operational risk• managing other exposures
Module 5: Management issues
• introduction• hedging strategy • dealer relationships• forecasting exchange rates• monitoring and risk oversight
This course offers an introduction to the fundamental concepts of financial risk, its sources and various strategies for effective financial risk management.
Member Development and Support
November 22, 2018
CPA Canada’s annual financial literacy conference is a must-attend for those who want to learn how to improve the financial health of Canadians.
October 1, 2018
The ONE is Canada’s must-attend, multi-track CPA event of the year. Stay at the top of your game with future-focused sessions, thought-provoking keynotes, prime networking opportunities and a first-class exhibition floor.
October 15, 2018
Stay up-to-date on critical indirect tax issues and network with other indirect tax professionals at Canada’s largest and longest-running indirect tax event.