Please choose between the following three options for navigation.
Learn the basics of foreign exchange risk management.
Do you know when to use forwards, futures or swaps? Many of the tools for managing foreign exchange risk are well established, but managing them well requires technical expertise and practical knowledge.
Our online-course provides you with an accessible overview of the concepts of foreign exchange risk management in five modules you can work through at your own pace
Additional options and pricing may be available. See pricing and registration for more details.
Module 1: Foreign exchange market and risks
• introduction• foreign exchange market • sources of risk • other related risks
Module 2: Forwards, futures, and swaps
• introduction• forwards • futures • swaps
Module 3: Foreign exchange options
• introduction• option basics • fundamental strategies • exotic options
Module 4: Managing exposure
• introduction• financial activities• shifting risk • sharing risk• competitive issues• managing credit exposures• managing operational risk• managing other exposures
Module 5: Management issues
• introduction• hedging strategy • dealer relationships• forecasting exchange rates• monitoring and risk oversight
This course offers an introduction to the fundamental concepts of financial risk, its sources and various strategies for effective financial risk management.
Member Development and Support
Canada wants to shift capital to support climate change and sustainable development. As a signatory of the Paris Agreement on climate change, Canada is committed to a global pact toward more sustainability for the global economy.
January 23, 2019
This webinar is designed to help directors better understand and oversee risk, including embedded vulnerabilities and compounding effects from multiple risks.
February 6, 2019
Are you ready to break the mould? Come to Canada’s leading event for not-for-profit leaders and learn how to accelerate your organization’s impact.