Please choose between the following three options for navigation.
Learn the basics of foreign exchange risk management.
Do you know when to use forwards, futures or swaps? Many of the tools for managing foreign exchange risk are well established, but managing them well requires technical expertise and practical knowledge.
Our online-course provides you with an accessible overview of the concepts of foreign exchange risk management in five modules you can work through at your own pace.
Additional options and pricing may be available. See pricing and registration for more details.
Module 1: Foreign exchange market and risks
• introduction• foreign exchange market • sources of risk • other related risks
Module 2: Forwards, futures, and swaps
• introduction• forwards • futures • swaps
Module 3: Foreign exchange options
• introduction• option basics • fundamental strategies • exotic options
Module 4: Managing exposure
• introduction• financial activities• shifting risk • sharing risk• competitive issues• managing credit exposures• managing operational risk• managing other exposures
Module 5: Management issues
• introduction• hedging strategy • dealer relationships• forecasting exchange rates• monitoring and risk oversight
This course offers an introduction to the fundamental concepts of financial risk, its sources and various strategies for effective financial risk management.
Member Development and Support
It’s said that a crisis brings out the best in people and, in most cases, that’s true. But there is a dark side to tough times, as fraudsters prey on people who are uncertain and looking for easy answers.
March 18, 2020
The federal government’s actions and fiscal support to address the widespread and devastating economic fallout of the COVID-19 pandemic are welcomed by Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA Canada).
Listen to this special edition Practitioner’s Pulse webinar where we answer some frequently asked questions around practice management issues and some key financial reporting and auditing implications of COVID-19.