Please choose between the following three options for navigation.
Learn the basics of foreign exchange risk management.
Do you know when to use forwards, futures or swaps? Many of the tools for managing foreign exchange risk are well established, but managing them well requires technical expertise and practical knowledge.
Our online-course provides you with an accessible overview of the concepts of foreign exchange risk management in five modules you can work through at your own pace
Additional options and pricing may be available. See pricing and registration for more details.
Module 1: Foreign exchange market and risks
• introduction• foreign exchange market • sources of risk • other related risks
Module 2: Forwards, futures, and swaps
• introduction• forwards • futures • swaps
Module 3: Foreign exchange options
• introduction• option basics • fundamental strategies • exotic options
Module 4: Managing exposure
• introduction• financial activities• shifting risk • sharing risk• competitive issues• managing credit exposures• managing operational risk• managing other exposures
Module 5: Management issues
• introduction• hedging strategy • dealer relationships• forecasting exchange rates• monitoring and risk oversight
This course offers an introduction to the fundamental concepts of financial risk, its sources and various strategies for effective financial risk management.
Member Development and Support
May 22, 2019
Explore important emerging technologies in accounting, business and finance at this must-attend conference for senior leaders. Connect with peers, experts and pioneers on best-fit technology solutions for your clients or organization.
This event has multiple dates and locations. See event details for more information.
Are you a preparer, director, practitioner, investor or contributor who reports, oversees, assesses or uses performance measures? Learn how you can help improve the quality of performance measures by leveraging this framework.
April 25, 2019
This webinar, part of CPA Canada's IFRS webinar series, provides you with the latest updates on issues of relevance to Canadian public companies, including key changes to IFRS and Canadian securities legislation.