Please choose between the following three options for navigation.
Learn more about analytical procedures for the planning, examination and final review phases of the audit process.
Analytical Procedures — A Guide for Practitioners discusses analytical procedures for each of the three phases of the audit:
This discussion takes place within the context of:
Additional options and pricing may be available. See pricing and registration for more details.
Module 1: Analytical procedures as planning tools
• Introduction to analytical procedures• Techniques• Statement of cash flows• Conclusion
Module 2: The examination phase - Part l
• The balance sheet• Conclusion
Module 3: The examination phase - Part ll
• The income statement• Conclusion
Module 4: The final review
• ROA, ROE, and reasonableness tests• Concluding remarks on analytical procedures
• Appendix A — Financial statements for Xenon Co.• Appendix B — Commonly used ratios• Appendix C — Selected ratios calculated for Xenon Co.• Appendix D — Common-size and percentage change financial statements for Xenon Co.• Appendix E — Comparison tables from Statistics Canada• Appendix F — CGA Canada Public Practice Manual sample pages• Appendix G — Quantitative methods in analytical procedures• Appendix H — Data for quizzes
Member Development and Support
Canada wants to shift capital to support climate change and sustainable development. As a signatory of the Paris Agreement on climate change, Canada is committed to a global pact toward more sustainability for the global economy.
January 23, 2019
This webinar is designed to help directors better understand and oversee risk, including embedded vulnerabilities and compounding effects from multiple risks.
February 6, 2019
Are you ready to break the mould? Come to Canada’s leading event for not-for-profit leaders and learn how to accelerate your organization’s impact.