Please choose between the following three options for navigation.
Learn more about analytical procedures for the planning, examination and final review phases of the audit process.
Analytical Procedures — A Guide for Practitioners discusses analytical procedures for each of the three phases of the audit:
This discussion takes place within the context of:
Additional options and pricing may be available. See pricing and registration for more details.
Module 1: Analytical procedures as planning tools
• Introduction to analytical procedures• Techniques• Statement of cash flows• Conclusion
Module 2: The examination phase - Part l
• The balance sheet• Conclusion
Module 3: The examination phase - Part ll
• The income statement• Conclusion
Module 4: The final review
• ROA, ROE, and reasonableness tests• Concluding remarks on analytical procedures
• Appendix A — Financial statements for Xenon Co.• Appendix B — Commonly used ratios• Appendix C — Selected ratios calculated for Xenon Co.• Appendix D — Common-size and percentage change financial statements for Xenon Co.• Appendix E — Comparison tables from Statistics Canada• Appendix F — CGA Canada Public Practice Manual sample pages• Appendix G — Quantitative methods in analytical procedures• Appendix H — Data for quizzes
Member Development and Support
This event has multiple dates and locations. See event details for more information.
Attend the IFRS Discussion Group meeting from anywhere in the world. Virtual observers will be able to see and hear the discussion along with those attending in person.
October 1, 2018
The ONE is Canada’s must-attend, multi-track CPA event of the year. Stay at the top of your game with future-focused sessions, thought-provoking keynotes, prime networking opportunities and a first-class exhibition floor.
October 15, 2018
Stay up-to-date on critical indirect tax issues and network with other indirect tax professionals at Canada’s largest and longest-running indirect tax event.