Please choose between the following three options for navigation.
Learn more about analytical procedures for the planning, examination and final review phases of the audit process.
Analytical Procedures — A Guide for Practitioners discusses analytical procedures for each of the three phases of the audit:
This discussion takes place within the context of:
Additional options and pricing may be available. See pricing and registration for more details.
Module 1: Analytical procedures as planning tools
• Introduction to analytical procedures• Techniques• Statement of cash flows• Conclusion
Module 2: The examination phase - Part l
• The balance sheet• Conclusion
Module 3: The examination phase - Part ll
• The income statement• Conclusion
Module 4: The final review
• ROA, ROE, and reasonableness tests• Concluding remarks on analytical procedures
• Appendix A — Financial statements for Xenon Co.• Appendix B — Commonly used ratios• Appendix C — Selected ratios calculated for Xenon Co.• Appendix D — Common-size and percentage change financial statements for Xenon Co.• Appendix E — Comparison tables from Statistics Canada• Appendix F — CGA Canada Public Practice Manual sample pages• Appendix G — Quantitative methods in analytical procedures• Appendix H — Data for quizzes
CPA Canada Professional Learning and Development Customer Service
Take advantage of the valuable professional publications available through CPAstore to enhance your professional competencies in tax, accounting, assurance, business, finance, practice management and other business areas.
December 6, 2016
Update your knowledge and strengthen your network at this must-attend conference covering the most important issues and trends affecting audit committee members.
November 1, 2016
It’s probable that someone you know is deep in debt. If you are observant, you might see one of these seven signs.