Please choose between the following three options for navigation.
Learn more about analytical procedures for the planning, examination and final review phases of the audit process.
Analytical Procedures — A Guide for Practitioners discusses analytical procedures for each of the three phases of the audit:
This discussion takes place within the context of:
Additional options and pricing may be available. See pricing and registration for more details.
Module 1: Analytical procedures as planning tools
• Introduction to analytical procedures• Techniques• Statement of cash flows• Conclusion
Module 2: The examination phase - Part l
• The balance sheet• Conclusion
Module 3: The examination phase - Part ll
• The income statement• Conclusion
Module 4: The final review
• ROA, ROE, and reasonableness tests• Concluding remarks on analytical procedures
• Appendix A — Financial statements for Xenon Co.• Appendix B — Commonly used ratios• Appendix C — Selected ratios calculated for Xenon Co.• Appendix D — Common-size and percentage change financial statements for Xenon Co.• Appendix E — Comparison tables from Statistics Canada• Appendix F — CGA Canada Public Practice Manual sample pages• Appendix G — Quantitative methods in analytical procedures• Appendix H — Data for quizzes
Member Development and Support
December 8, 2017
Sustainability and corporate reporting; the pursuit of knowledge development, advancement, and sharing has existed from the early establishment of the accounting profession — and continues to grow as CPAs champion research and innovation.
Join our financial literacy volunteer program for CPA members.
February 28, 2018
Sustainability is an increasingly important issue for business, communities and the world. Learn how embracing sustainability can help organizations not only contribute to society but also become more profitable and successful in the long term.