Get your downloadable electronic copy.
Bitcoin and other crypto-assets rely on blockchain technology to enable businesses to make transactions without an intermediary such as a bank or other financial institution. Crypto-assets also have unique characteristics that differ from traditional asset classes. These characteristics pose new challenges for businesses, especially around security and internal controls.
SMEs thinking of using or accepting crypto-assets as a form of payment need to understand crypto-assets and design an effective control environment that can ensure the security of those assets.
You will learn about:
- the current state of crypto-assets
- considerations when determining the business strategy as it relates to crypto-assets
- security and internal control considerations for crypto-assets
- select regulatory guidance issued on crypto-assets
- ten questions to ask before transacting in crypto-assets