CPA PEP admission for university degree holders with non-business/non-accounting majors

If you didn’t get the required subject area coverage for entry into CPA PEP as part of your undergraduate degree, you can get it after you graduate through CPA preparatory courses or PSI programs.

You must have both an undergraduate degree and specific subject area coverage to be admitted to the new CPA Professional Education Program (CPA PEP).

The CPA profession is committed to helping students meet these entry requirements.

Undergraduate degree holders lacking some or all of the required subject area coverage have several options.

Things to know

  • If you didn’t acquire the required subject area coverage as part of your undergraduate degree [as in a non-Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) degree, for example], you can get it through our new CPA Prerequisite preparatory courses (formerly CPA PREP).
  • CPA preparatory courses were developed nationally by the profession and are delivered part-time, either through self-study or instructor-facilitated sessions by provincial or regional CPA bodies.
  • You only have to take the courses you need.
  • You can also acquire the specific subject areas through courses offered by universities or colleges.


Jointly presented by CPA Canada and CPA Ontario, The ONE is the must-attend, multi-track event of the year, designed for all CPAs who want to be at the top of their game.

Our Firm Directory allows you to search for Canadian CPA firms using our interactive map as well as other criteria.

You’re in the eye of the storm amid a swirl of slips, forms and receipts. Chart your way through tax-time turbulence with these updates and resources.